10 Steps to Redefined Sleep
13th March 2020
○ Learn about the Circadian Rhythms which define our everyday processes.
○ Identify with your genetic Chronotype to combat fatigue periods.
○ Everything you do from the point of wake determines the quality of recovery – identify clear pre & post sleep routines.
○ Plan your sleep and day around 90-minute cycles, with short breaks every 90 minutes during the day.
○ Think polyphasic! It’s natural for humans to sleep for shorter periods at night, midday and early evening – 20/30 minute naps are key to this process. Think about how many cycles you need, which can be achieved in any 24-hour period, rather than at one block during the night.
○ Use a dawn wake simulator to recreate the sunrise and sunset in a dark bedroom. Light and dark trigger the shift between melatonin, the nighttime suppress hormone and serotonin, the active wake hormone.
○ A tart cherry supplement is a good addition to any diet. It contains natural Potassium & Magnesium for physical recovery with natural melatonin to wind down.
○ The best size for two adults is a super king, which is two single mattress spaces put together. Size matters; go as big as you can.
○ Retrain yourself to nose breathe, which is a key factor in quality sleep. Some useful products include Rhinomed Turbine Device, SleepQ+ and The Oxygen Advantage by Patrick McKeown.
○ Read Sleep by Nick Littlehales to discover the R90 Technique and redefine your recovery approach. (https://amzn.to/2IN3d2Z)
Download Our Guide
10 Transformational tips to improve your sports performance.